Ten Facts about Yours Truly
1. I love the process of willful creation. From the first flicker of recognition, into planning, crafting and completion. It's the most fulfilling experience I can imagine.
2. I use sustainable practices as often as possible in every part of my life, whether it's personal or when I'm involved in a project. It helps to cut costs, and protect our resources as a species.
3. My happiest place in the world right now, is a tent under palm and mangrove trees in the Dry Tortugas Islands. (Click the photo to see a stunning satellite view, courtesy of Google Earth)
4. I studied Anthropology and Linguistics among many, many other subjects.
5. I have always wanted to write and illustrate children's books.
6. When I was 12, I went camping in Snowdonia with a busload of other kids my age. When our tents flooded at 2am, a local farmer took pity on us and let us sleep in his barn. Then we hiked Mount Snowdon. It was EPIC.
7. My ethnic heritage is German, Welsh, Lenape and Moravian in that order.
8. My astrological sign is Libra.
9. As of December 2014, I am a member in good-standing of IATSE Local 764. As a wardrobe "technician", my focus is on-set and backstage continuity, costume building, maintenance and repair, aging, distressing and more. Please send an email request for my union resume and references.
10. In the non-union world, I work as a Creative Director, Production and Costume Designer. I'm available for consultations.